The Lirpaloof Hunt!

Did you all survive April Fool's Day?  We had a BLAST! Well, I did. I think maybe my kids got mad at me. We hunted down that elusvie lirpaloof on Monday morning. {peek here if you missed the first part of this} I seriously almost lost it when I was explaining the whole thing. I was all dramatic-like talking about how lucky they were to get to look for the lirpaloof and how I thought for sure I saw one on the way in.  They feel for it hook, line, and sinker!! We searched and sang and ran around the whole park - and no lirpaloof. I finally gathered them around and did some fake-googling and found out that it helps if you call its name out backwards. So I wrote it out in sidewalk chalk forward and backwards. We sounded it out and...april fool's  - joke's on you! 



Honestly, there were a little mad at me!! I felt kind of bad. I even felt a little bit guilty! Like here I am this person they just blindly trust with their whole little heart and I just led them on a crazy goose chase, literally! But they loosened up and started giggling about it. Especially after I showed them the video of themselves below. So, we're all good.


And, no worries, they worked ALL DANG DAY to get me back. They actually had some good ones beyond the usual "there's a spider on your back!" Here are some of the ones I could actually take a picture of.


I've heard from a few bloggy friends who also searched for the lirpaloof. I LOVE that! If you blogged about your lirpaloof adventure, feel free to link up below. I'd love to hear about it :)






11 comments

  1. Hahaha, this is so funny! I love April Fools, but I do always feel a bit badly about tricking people. I didn't do anything to my class this year, but I like this idea for next year.

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!!! I love your voice too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the flu and couldn't get out of bed yesterday! I was so DISAPPOINTED!!! I was way excited to go on the hunt and trick the kiddos!! I went today even though I probably shouldn't have and almost did it anyway but it wouldn't have been the same! I will do it next year for sure! Thanks for sharing!
    :)Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on your blog, and then I lost it and could not find it again - but kept the idea in my head. I am so glad I found you to thank you for this! We had the best time ever. I made my own printable - because I couldn't find you - but one of my friends led me back to your blog! We had so much fun with this. My kids were kind of mad at me too. I could not stop laughing! I felt kind of a bad too - but in the end they agreed it was awesome!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha.... this *almost* makes me wish we weren't enjoying spring break this week... ALMOST :) and sadly, we are on spring break NEXT year on April fool's day too.... darn! We haven't had school for April Fool's day for quite a few years, actually... between having it fall on weekends or spring break.... last time we were in school, I wore an "engagement ring" and told all the teachers I had gotten engaged... they were all jealous of my "fancy" $10 ring from Kohls! LOL!! I was new to the school so not many of them knew me... it was funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - I just looked up the next 2 school year calendars... looks like I'll be able to pull the prank in 2015... hope I can remember to do it 2 years from now ;)

      Delete
  6. I wish I would've found your blog last weekend! What a fun idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lirpaloof idea -- the video was darling! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for this! I teach kinder, so I'm adapting a bit to make their reading level but I plan to use it tomorrow and I'm pretty certain most of them will be sure they saw the bird :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top