Blogger Meet Up Recap!

Last weekend was a total blast. I drove up to Orlando for a meet up with some fellow Florida Girls!


Orlando is actually a bit of a drive for us, about 3 and a half hours if we make good time. But hubs and I made a little weekend out of it which  was fun. The meet up itself was at a local Olive Garden - look at this great turn-out!


It was organized by Lisa from Learning is Something to Treasure, Mary from A Classroom Full of Smiles, Amy from Learning Lessons with Labrasciano, and Tammy from Primary Paradise.

I snagged this nicely labeled pic from Applicious Teacher who is stinkin adorable and married to the clone of Mitchell from Modern Family. Seriously.


Before the meet-up I got to hang with the uber talented Kimberly Geswein. She was sweet enough to pick me up at the hotel so we could shop for a bit before the lunch. Check out this selfie. It might be my most favorite picture of me! All credit to Kimberly. If you follow me on IG or FB, you know I'm not a serial selfie poster because every time I try I look absolutely hideous! KG has mad selfie skillz.


During the meet-up I got a text from the hubby that he walked across the street from our hotel to check out Universal Citywalk. He sounded like he was having a grand old time by himself, so Jen Ross from Teacher by the Beach and I hopped in her van and headed over there to meet him! Her van did not like me. Or maybe it liked me too much because I had some serious complications trying to get out of it. I wish I had pictures or video of the moment. And that was before we started drinking out of mini-blenders!



Shortly after that, Stacy from Simpson's Superstars joined in the fun. We learned a lot about Stacy. Like she wants to have a pajama wedding with a donut cake. Sounds good to me! 


Later on Fern Smith joined us with her hubby. And later Yvonne from Mixminder and her stopped by for a visit. We ended up occupying that table ALL DAY. Like seriously all day. From about 3:00 to 11:00. It was great though. Hanging out with these girls was worth the trip in itself. I left wishing all of them lived even closer to me so we could hang out more often. Maybe Jen's good workout skills would rub off on me (probably not...)

If you ever have a chance to go to a meet-up, go! I've been on the fence about going to some in the past. I would think about all kind of weird things like, "everyone there will be so cute and trendy and I don't even own a bubble necklace" and "I'll go if I lose 20 pounds by then" to "what if I go and no one knows who I am?" Weird right? And so, so wrong. Every single meet up I've gone to has been totally worth it. The teacher blog world is warm and welcoming - accepting and loving. I may walk in feeling a bit anxious, but I leave feeling like I've been in the company of family. {The good side of the family, not the crazy, dysfunctional family you dread on Thanksgiving}

It was back to work on Monday, which was not so bad at all, especially when my Donor's Choose project arrived!


The big box contains an amazing bookshelf. I also got about 50 leveled non-fiction books, those two centers you see and 12 of the blue book boxes. I love those boxes so much I already ordered 12 more. I think I'm going to change out my whole library with them.


So of course now my room is upside down because as I'm changing my library around, it's leading to changing so many other things around... You know, classic Give a Mouse a Cookie stuff. But that's par for the course in my room.

So, that's what's up for now. I feel like I lost my blogging mojo for a little while, but I think, I *think* I feel it coming back! I've been doing some cool things in my room and snapping lots of pictures along the way. Can't wait to share them with you!

Have a great weekend, my friends.





8 comments

  1. It was a great day! I think I want to hang out with you all for the after party next time:) mini blenders? Fun!!!
    💋Amy Labrasciano

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! I think you're in my head, I have those same blogger meet up thoughts! BTW I LOVE your new blog design. Thanks for sharing :)
    ☼Libby
    First Grade Dual

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! There IS a picture of me! I am so glad you decided to come!! We NEED to do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you feel the mojo coming back! I love reading your blog, even as a 4th grade teacher! :) I felt the same about a meet-up we had here in Atlanta: bloggers could never be strangers! We are the best, aren't we? ;o)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey

    ReplyDelete
  5. How FUN! Too bad it was WAY across the country! Would love to have met up with all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad I was able to meet you! I can't believe you were nervous and though bloggers wouldn't know who YOU were! You are a blogging SUPER STAR!! The after party looks fabulous too! Love your blog by the way!

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is awesome. And you are so sweet! Glad we were able to meet up. Can't wait until the next one.

    Mary Church

    A Classroom Full of Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your meet up sounds like so much fun! I am going to try to get one together for us here in Arizona too!! I love the blogging world and don't know what I would do without so many of you wonderful teachers out there to follow!! I love your new bookcase too!! AMAZING!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top