Go Noodle!



It's no secret I'm all about brain breaks. We have a great schedule for instruction, but not so great for little energetic bodies who need to move. A lot. We are in our room from 7:50-11:00, then we have lunch, back to the room until specials at 12:50, then after that we finally go to recess. Yes, that would be a whole whopping 15 minutes of recess right before they go home! So you can see that brain breaks are kind of a necessity in our parts.

I've been mainly using YouTube clips, which can really be hit or miss. Sometimes the video and sound are great quality, sometimes not so much. So when I heard some buzz about GoNoodle on Instagram and Facebook, I had to give it a try. And it's fantastic! And free! 

Once you register your class,  which takes just a minute, you can pick a champ. Then he shows up every time you sign in. He's a silly stinker. The kids get a kick out of his little words of wisdom.


Each time you complete a brain break, your champ-o-meter fills up a bit more (I totally just made that up, I'm not exactly sure what the meter is called). I don't want to ruin it for you, but big changes are in store for your champ the more you boogie.

Look at the impressive choice of videos. And this isn't even all of them!



I'm sure your kids will quickly develop their own favorites. Here are my little rockstars jammin out to their favorite boogie!




Sometimes the kids are amped up and you need to bring them back down a bit. GoNoodle has you covered there too. They've got a whole section of "calming" videos. See anything they might like? Maybe a little sing-a-long to everyone's favorite frozen friend?


There's lots more to explore. I just love that all of the brain breaks are in one safe place. I don't have to worry about weird ads popping up on YouTube or showing up in the sidebar. The videos are high quality, fun, and loved by the kids. It's fun and free. Can't beat that right? Click HERE to sign up and start enjoying GoNoodle!




17 comments

  1. I am so envious of teachers in districts that allow YouTube!

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel. We just got access to it for the first time this year. It's been amazing! Have you ever tried to download videos at home from YouTube? I found that MacTubes.com worked pretty well for that.

      Delete
  2. This is a great resource! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try this tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it as much as we do! Check out the calming section too - great for when you want them to wind down and focus.

      Delete
  3. I love that they keep updating Go Noodle! The 3-5 grade level and new songs...of course my kiddos are obsessed with Let It Go, but aren't they all?! :o)

    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are obsessed with Let It Go! They beg me for it! lol!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have the upgraded account? My free account does not have freeze it, word jam, math marathon, or bodyspell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I don't have a special account, but I was told that we have access to some additional content because a major hospital is a sponsor in our area. Just lucky! :)

      Delete
  6. Love it! We haven't had Spring Break yet and our kiddos are starting to get extremely wound up, so I can't wait to try this out tomorrow!!!

    Leah
    Grasty's 2nd Grade Goodies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had spring break two weeks ago and they're still wound up! Oh well, keeps things interesting :)

      Delete
  7. I'm partial to the Freeze Game which is academic and fun! Ever teacher's dream. My littles love the zumba videos. I love watching them try to do the moves, makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't tried the Freeze Game - we'll have to put it on the list for next week. They love Happy with the Minions at the moment :)

      Delete
  8. You have a lot of videos that I don't have?!? Do you have an upgraded account? We love GoNoodle! We made it to our second "monster" today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allyson, I believe we get some extra content because a major hospital is a sponsor in our area. Pretty lucky for us!

      Delete
  9. AMAZING!! I cannot wait to start using these! My kiddos are in love with the Sid Shuffle on YouTube (very cute if you haven't already checked it out). Any chance we get they love to dance to it. I cannot wait to show them these videos next week. Thanks for sharing this!

    Jamie
    3 Teacher Chicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie,
      We LOVE the Sid Shuffle! I hope you find some new ones you like. Don't miss Happy with the Minions!

      Delete

Back to Top