Great Gift Idea!

We're down to about 13 days left and they're jam packed! On Tuesday we'll be welcoming the parents into our rooms for our final Tasty Tuesday so that's been consuming every single second of my time and every ounce of my energy. I'll be taking tons of pictures and blogging about the whole shebang next week. It's so much work to get ready for, but it's a great day for the kids and their parents - and me. All I have left to do is some last minute shopping and a little praying that the sub doesn't let the kids destroy the room on Monday while I'm out for a training.

In other news,  I have this great gift idea to share with you. I actually got this from my class two years ago but never got around to blogging about it. My room mom was seriously the stuff of dreams. The PTA at our school always collects money from each student for a gift for the teachers. Most often the room mom gives us a gift card with the collection, which is all kinds of awesome. I'm usually set for Starbucks through June and July...

Well, that year my room mom put together this little book with several gift cards to all of my favorite places. So cute, right?

The last page had an envelope with the leftover cash in it. I liked this idea so much that I've used it for gifts for family members myself. For my father-in-law we made one that had movie gift cards, his favorite restaurant, Home Depot, and a gas card. I love giving (and receiving) gift cards, but sometimes it feels so impersonal. This is a great way to make a practical gift very personal.


I think I have gift ideas on the brain because May is seriously our second Christmas. Our May family birthdays incude both of my sisters, my brother-in-law, father-in-law, childhood bestie, and my niece. Throw Mother's Day in there and it's non-stop shopping and family gatherings this month. In May, which just happens to be the busiest work month EVER (besides August, of course...) but it's all good. Food and fun with family and friends is what it's all about, right?





12 comments

  1. When both of my in-laws retired from teaching the kids (my husband and his brother) gave a similar gift -- a box of 12 cards and each card contained a little poem and a gift card to someplace special for that month. They opened them all at once, but they could also have savored them each month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ideas are the simple-I-wish-I'd-thought-of-that kind! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the giftcard book! What an awesome idea!!! I'll have to remember that one.

    christine

    Leaping into Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. That giftcard book is the cutest thing I have ever seen! How creative! Gifts cards are every teachers dream :)
    Just found your blog & I'm so excited :)
    Mrs. Wilson's Class

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a great idea! I put together something similar (after finding this post!) for my daughter's teacher. I can't wait to have her give it to the teacher! I know she will love it! Thank you for the idea!

    Stephanie
    Hands-On Happiness

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top