Besides passing this award on to seven other deserving bloggers, I'm supposed to tell you seven interesting things about myself. That's the part that had me stumped. I've told you all lots of things about me and it was hard to come up with seven more "interesting" things! But, I gave it some thought and for better or worse, here are seven interesting-ish things about me that you could probably live without knowing, but get to read anyway!
1. I can not drink tap water. I can't even think about drinking tap water. I am the kid who totally used to drink from the hose outside in the summer, so I'm not quite sure what happened, but If I even think about drinking tap water straight from the sink, it makes me gag. It's all mental. I'm a weirdo.
2. Along the same lines as the tap water, is toothpaste. If I swallow even a teensy bit of toothpaste when I'm brushing my teeth, it's all over. If someone on TV or in a movie is brushing their teeth and TALKING at the same time, it's all I can think about until they rinse. And if they don't rinse or heaven forbid, swallow, I totally get nauseous. Again, weirdo.
3. I have Restless Legs Syndrome. Now this one is not mental, although I'm sure some people think it is. I've had it as long as I can remember, but it was only about 5-6 years ago that I found out that it had a name. I can't even describe what it's like, but it's the most awful sensation that you just can't keep your legs still. It comes on during the night, just when you want to relax, and the more tired I am the worse it is. Going to the movies at night is unbearable and I'll often have to get up and stand or walk around in the back of the theater for a while. I take medication for it daily, but it doesn't really take away the symptoms, it just makes them a little more tolerable. Kind of connected to my restless legs are my feet. Well, of course they're physically attached, but I also have an issue walking around barefoot. I hate it. I don't know when that happened either, because when I was a kid, I NEVER wore shoes! Now I can't stand to be barefoot, unless my toes are in the sand, of course.
4. On the subject of medical problems, I've recently started getting migraine headaches. They were my fortieth birthday present. I've checked. They didn't come with a gift receipt or they would sooooo be going back!
5. Here's a strange one. You know how you have two lines on your palm that are kind of curved? I have one line that goes all the way across and is perfectly straight. I also have a freckle on my palm. Maybe I need to consult a palm reader to see what this means. I was going to take a picture of this and show you, but I recently got my nails done by someone other than my normal nail girl (how dare she take a vacation!) and they are not pretty my friends.
6. I am repulsed by cockroaches. I think I would handle a seeing a snake or bear in my house better than I do when I see a roach. Remember those bug spray commercials that made it look like a roach was crawling across your TV? Yeah, those were fun. I freeze up and can't move when I see one. It's like we're in the middle of a tense stand-off until I summon the courage to run for the can of bug spray which I then use to create a small river on the floor (my husband just loves that part). If he's not home to pick up the carcass, I cover it with an upside down paper plate so I don't have to see it until he gets home to do the dirty work. Mind you, I live in South Florida where these gross creatures are fairly common. My husband has heard me scream, "Big bug, big bug!!!" more times than he can count, yet I still freak every. single. time. (See above posts labeled "weirdo")
7. I sometimes know things that I have no idea how or why I know them. I once knew that a certain part of a car was called the catalytic converter and I'm the LEAST mechanical person I know! When there are Trivial Pursuit cards on a restaurant table, I'll know strange, random facts that I don't ever remember learning. Same thing with Jeopardy. My mom was actually the same way. Yet, sometimes I can't remember what I ate for dinner the night before or the ending to a movie I just saw a few days ago.
So strange how our minds work, right?
So, now know you know a little more about me. I'm really a pretty low-maintenance person, but I do have my quirks. But that's what makes the world go round, right?
The next part of this award is to pass it along to seven blogs worthy of the Blog on Fire distinction.
I really tried to search out some that have yet to receive the award, so here they are in no particular order.
Stop by and visit these blogs when you get a chance, they're all written by fantastic educators and they have so much to offer!
1. Rachel at SubHub
2. Mel D at Mrs. Dillard 1st Grade (who has some exciting changes coming soon!)
3. Sally at Elementary Matters
4. Selina at Classroom Magic
5. Terri at Terri's Teaching Treasures
6. Jen at Kidzmet
7. Caitlin at Kindergarten Smiles <-Caitlyn is all kinds of fantastic. We work together and I've seen her awesomeness in person. I'm sure you'll love her too!
8. Ohh. I had to sneak in one more (see I AM a bad blogger!) Visit Debi at Just 4 Teachers. She is very cool and she teaches at a school about 10 minutes away from mine. She's the fab friend who gave me the wood to make my crate seats this summer!
Here's the award ladies- copy & paste onto your own blogs, then you know the drill. Think of seven interesting things to tell your readers and pass the award on to seven bloggers that are "on fire"! (Metaphorically, of course).