Groundhog Goodie & Love Bug Bump

I have never really been one to "celebrate" Groundhog Day. It's kind of a strange holiday and it seemed like K and 1 pretty much had it covered. Well friends,  I think I've converted to Groundhogism! This year I have found some of the cutest stuff! Today was our monthly Tasty Tuesday and we made these yummy little cuties:
I found the inspiration for this on Pinterest. The groundhogs have seriously taken over there too! It's a pudding cup with a crushed up Oreo on top to make dirt. The groundhog is made from a Nila Wafer. Its ears are almond slices and he has mini-marshmallow teeth. We used these candy eyeballs and they really made all the difference! I mean seriously, don't they just bring that little groundhoggie to life? The kids actually liked the way they tasted too, they said it reminded them of a candy necklace. I'll be adding this to my Tasty Tuesday Teacher Guide on TpT (anyone who has purchased this will be able to download the updated version too)  I always have the kids pose with something seasonal for their picture. This is actually an otter Webkinz, but today he played the part of a groundhog. I think it works. The kids didn't seem to notice!
I also found a great free set of printables from Dawn at The Teaching Resource Resort. Click {HERE} to check it out. Her blog is super cute and I think the printables are perfect for second grade.

And finally, to celebrate the start of February, here is the monthly version of Bump! It's called Love Bug Bump, but I purposely tried not to make it to cutesy and girly. Click {HERE} for your copy.
I'm still trying to get my feet on the ground after being away for almost a week. I came back to a data meeting, finishing all of my running records and report cards in two days, oh and actually getting some teaching in there too. I *think* I'm back in the groove, but that is totally subject to change at a second's notice. At least tomorrow is pajama day. Love me some jammie time!
Photobucket




12 comments

  1. Today was my pajama day! And it was the bomb dot com.

    Thanks for Love Bug Bump, I know my kids will love it! And I just bought Valentine's erasers so they'll be put to use now! :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're Groundhogs are adorable! Thanks for the link to the Teaching Resource Resort. There are a lot of great resources there!

    Second Grade Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to add your newest Bump game to our classroom collection! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    A Chocoholic Teacher>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Those groundhog treats are too cute. The kids must have been sad when they ate their creations (probably not.) Groundhog Day has been more fun for us this year, too. I didn't know a groundhog and a woodchuck are the same!
    I hope Phil doesn't see his shadow. This winter has been brutal!
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the groudhog stuff...when I read the title, "love bump" I thought someone was pregnant! lol
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious groundhog treats! And thanks so much for the Bump games you share! My kids love them!

    Peace, Love and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the snack!!! I bet your kids love eating them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the adorable freebie!!!
    Your Tasty Tuesday snack is too cute!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the groundhog treat! I will have to add that to my collection.

    http://secondgradelockerroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top