Carson Dellosa Creative Summit - Part 1

So, where shall we start? How about at the part where I missed my fight? Yup, me - the TERRIFIED flier, missed. the. plane. First of all, I had to leave out of Miami, which is a crazy, big, perpetually under construction airport. Secondly, I was a sad, nervous wreck because my husband was supposed to be coming with me and at the last minute we made the decision that he was going to stay behind because he was sick. Sick, sick. Like pneumonia sick. So we got to the airport in plenty of time, but it took a while to find a spot to park. Once we did, we saw a sign that said "American Check-in" right as we walked through the door. Perfect! So, we walked right up, counted our blessings that we were in the right spot and waited on line. And waited. and waited. As I looked around, I saw just about everyone was bringing a T.V. up to the counter, and most were holding passports and everyone was speaking Spanish. I started to get a sinking feeling after spending about 25 minutes on line and finally asked someone if I was in the right place. Uh no. Turns out I was in line for a chartered flight to CUBA!

So, I'll spare you the details of the SpEcTaCuLaR cry-baby meltdown I had pleading with the absolutely compassion-less woman working at the counter. But trust me, it was ugly. Fast forward 8 hours later, and I was finally on my way. I think my seat was the one they reserve for dingbats who mess with the check-in lady. It was the very first one on the plane. A single seat, across from the flight attendant and next to the server cart. No overhead. No tray table. But I was on the plane, dangit! So, off I went.

As soon as I landed, I saw this out of the window of the plane - SNOW!

Here's the view from my hotel the next morning. Honest to goodness snow!




I wasn't the only one fascinated. Here's my fellow Florida girl Cheryl from Primary Graffiti, also diggin the white stuff!


We got a late start because of the crazy weather in Atlanta that delayed the flights of the other bloggers, but when we finally got to the Carson Dellosa offices, we were greeted by the most warm and wonderful people you could imagine. And tons of stuff!! We were all joking that it was a bit like being on Design Star. We had a big white room,  tons of amazing products, and the freedom to do whatever we wanted to showcase them.


There's lots more to show and tell, but for now, I'll leave you with this little video. I LOVE it! And before you ask, the shirt I'm wearing at the end is from CafePress.com ;)






11 comments

  1. Rough start, for sure! But, in the end, it all worked out! So happy for you and the other talented teachers who had a great time playing with some really cool stuff from CD! Lucky girls!
    Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in total awe of you - in so many ways! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shirt...and I totally would have ugly-cried to the check-in lady if that happened to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shirt is AMAZING! Secondly, I've been the crying hot mess too...I won't judge! ;) Such an awesome experience though!!!
    Aris
    Sailing into Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you were able to get there, despite the rough start that morning. Someday I hope to be as much of a blogger rock star as you and do something amazing like this! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like so much fun!! Love the shirt! Glad you didn't end up in Cuba...that would have been bad! Can't wait to hear more!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see and hear more of what you girls come up with!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you go to the Summit again, can you ask Carson Dellosa to make their Pocket Charts in more colors? They make so many awesome things and then their pocket charts are blue!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top