Math Magic Update!

Man oh man, making these has been quite the undertaking! I seriously underestimated how long it was going to take. I'm really trying to be sure that they spiral up and the difficulty level increases with each set. I'm also trying to find multiple ways for the kids to practice each skill so they're used to it being asked in different ways. I am working my not-so-tiny hiney off, but it will still be a little while before I have them posted. It's my main focus though, so not too much longer! Thank you to each and every one of you who took the time to offer such insightful feedback. It has helped me more than you can imagine!

It was super hard to choose, but the three most helpful/encouraging comments were from Jenny (LuckeyFrog) Haley (Following Optimism) and Maureen. As soon as I'm done, the first set is on me ladies!

Here's another sneak peek. I hope it's worth the wait!

And just an FYI - if any of you used Picnik for photo editing for your blogs or personal stuff, you know by now that they are closing up shop. I was seriously bumming hard about that one until I found PicMonkey! PicMonkey was actually started by former Picnik engineers and has a very similar vibe to it. So far, I'm loving it and it is a great replacement for me. Click {HERE} to check them out.

I'm heading back to work after an amazingly wonderful spring break. This is not going to be my favorite Monday. And speaking of Mondays...have you seen this new trend on Pinterest? Muffin Tin Mondays? Apparently moms go all kinds of crazy fitting themed foods into muffin tins for their kids. Do real people really have time for this? Are any of you guys Muffin Tin Moms?  Mondays are kind of a giant pain in the rump just doing my normal junk, I can't imagine running around trying to make a Dr. Seuss themed muffin tin meal. Maybe I'm just mad no one is making a muffin tin meal for me tomorrow.
Photobucket




13 comments

  1. I do make theme meals (I don't do muffin tin monday anymore, although I used to), and cute-i-fied bento lunches for my kids because they were starting to get picky about food. It's way more fun to eat vegetables cut into fun shapes. Apparently, they just taste better (if you are 3 and 8 anyway ;)) The kid that thought fried eggs were DISGUSTING loves them when you make egg in the hole with the hole made with a heart shaped cutter. And so on.

    Sticking something on a little food pick or a skewer instantly transforms it into something more desirable too. ;)

    Once you have been doing it a while, it really doesn't take as long as you might think by looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they are super, super cute. It sounds like a great solution for picky eaters. Come to think of it, I'm always drawn to those Bento-box lunches in Starbucks just because they look cool - I guess the same strategy works on adults too (although no on would ever accuse me of being a picky eater~ lol!)

      Delete
  2. Love the suggestion for PicMonkey! Thank you!!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it! I just need the simple things, like frames and quick editing. I am hoping to see slideshows that I can embed in a blog post. I used those a lot.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the PicMonkey suggestion!!! It makes me tired just looking at all those Monday muffin tins! :-) Have a good one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those muffin tins are darn cute though. Maybe I'm just jealous! ;0)

      Delete
  5. I love the look of the math pages you are working on. I am very impressed. I didn't know about Picnik, so thatnks for giving me a new option. I am totally new to blogging, but quite a pro at blog stalking!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muffin tins? Ridiculous. I don't even have kids, and I can't imagine having the time for themed lunches!

    I am so glad my comments were useful! I can't wait to give your first pack a try! (but take your time. No hurry! :)

    Thanks!
    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!
      The first set is ready! Email me at ShopSunnyDays@me.com and I'll send it along!

      Delete
  7. Yea! :o) Your stuff is always great -- I'm so pleased to be getting a copy. :D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there!
    The first set is ready! Email me at ShopSunnyDays@me.com and I'll send it along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these math sheets you have taken time to create! Thank you so much for all of your hard work! You know the saying with teachers....why reinvent the wheel...share! :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top