Oodles of November Goodies!

I seriously can not believe Thanksgiving is in two weeks. Seriously?!  I love this time of year, but it is flying by already!

I have lots of fun goodies for November and Thanksgiving, so I thought I'd just compile them altogether here in one blog post so you don't have to go searching through the archives. I'm cool like that.

Here's one of my most favorite writing activities. It's a twist on the traditional "What I'm Thankful For..." assignment. This turned out to be one of our best writing pieces last year. {Click on any of the pictures in this post to check out the original post for details, printables, etc.}


I love, love, love scoot games. Here's a fun one. It's a true or false turkey trivia game. I learned a ton making the game and some of the facts are pretty darn interesting! It's a freebie, just click the pic.
If you still haven't changed over your bulletin boards (like me) here's a super-de-duper fast, easy and free one for you!

Here's a fun game to help your little turkeys practice recognizing odd and even numbers (another freebie)

And also for math, don't miss Gobble Bump! All of my monthly bump games are always free :)
Ok, now some new stuff!
I recently started creating these Calendar Centers. I plan to have one for each month. Each set comes with correctly labeled monthly calendars for 2012, 2013 and 2014 and 20 task cards. I'm not sure where this aligns with CCSS, but dangit kids need to know how to read a calendar!! Somehow after doing calendar math for at least 3 years before they come to me, they still have major misconceptions about calendar skills. So these are working out really great for me. I print out the monthly calendar and task cards and leave it with the answer sheet as a center. You could also very easily just keep the task cards handy and incorporate them into your calendar routine or use to fill those awkward few minutes that sometimes creep up on us. Click HERE to check them out at TpT.

My other newest obsession are my monthly printable packs. I took some essential skill practice pages and added some fun and seasonal flair to them! I've been using them to supplement lessons and as centers and homework, but starting next month, I'm going to make it a monthly challenge packet. This way the kids can always just keep it at their seat and use it as an early finisher choice. I'm not just saying this, but my kids really had fun with the October pack and they were asking when the November one was coming! There's something magical about dressing up a printable with a turkey, I suppose! You can check out the November pack here.  Here's a little freebie from the pack. I've also listed October and December so far.



Ok, I think that about does it! I have a feeling I'm going to run out of month again before I get to use all of my resources - especially considering I just took down our jack o'lantern glyphs today and still have mystery mansions hanging on my hall bulletin board! Think if I just added some colored leaves, I can turn it into a little fall landscape??

I just linked up with TBA for Freebie Friday - head on over there to get some more free goodies!
Freebie Fridays




P.S.You can check out some of my favorite November read alouds HERE!

Photobucket




10 comments

  1. Thanks for the freebies. I was trying to get your turkey trivia on TPT and it said it was gone? Not sure what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    The link is fixed now :)
    Let me know if you have any other trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise-
    Thanks so much! My students LOVE playing your games!

    Kristen
    A Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock!!!!!! Thank you for all the freebies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the freebies! Love your ideas1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I enjoy using your great ideas in my classroom! As a retired middle school teacher, now out of retirement and in 2nd grade - I welcome all your work and relish the freebies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both you and the work you create are FABULOUS!! Thanks for being so eager to share what you create. Your students are so lucky! :)

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top