When I was in Second Grade

So Kate over at Second Grade Sparkle is hosting the cutest linky party asking us to share some pictures of us as kids in the grades we teach now. I decided to join in the fun even though these pictures I just dug up are actually pretty embarrassing! 

I started off pretty cute - I guess I'm about three here. Looks like  I was already trying to figure out how to tame my wiry hair by sitting under my mom's old fashioned dryer looking through some of my favorite magazines. I actually recreate this exact scene every six weeks or so! Without the footy pajamas of course. 


Ok, prepare yourself for the next ones. I was entering my gawky phase. I think they're actually from third grade which would be 1979. Yikes! I'm old. I remember that pink polyester shirt. It had a little purse that came with it. Can you see the little strap going across my front? The second is obviously my communion picture. The ginormous forehead you see here is the reason I now have, and always WILL have bangs. Oddly enough I never had braces! Somehow my teeth kind of straightened themselves out. Thank the good lord because I know my parents couldn't have afforded braces!

And here's how I turned out. The first picture was from this summer on vacation and the second was from last week on Thanksgiving. Straight teeth and hair make a big difference. I still have the chubby sausage fingers though. Oh well. I'll take sausage fingers over snaggly teeth.

FYI: I don't normally pose next to my oven. The rest of that picture shows my beautiful turkey in there. I just realized that I cropped that out. You'll just have to trust me it really was a picture worthy bird!

Click on the button below to head over the the linky and see some more pictures (so you can get my snaggly toothed, fat fingered, nine year old self out of your brain already...)




Photobucket




15 comments

  1. You are too cute! I always have bangs as an adult too... for the same reason. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures!!! My pictures look pretty much the same...love the 70s :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pics.....you are too funny !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh - ahaha!! LOVE that little hair dryer picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Thanks for sharing your second grade self! Too cute!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa -- I was in third grade in 1979 too -- we could have been classmates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! Love all the pics. I have a similar communion pic, but I think my mom still has it;)

    Aloha,
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny! We have the opposite problem: I have no forehead, so I will never be able to pull off bangs without looking like my head is being swallowed up by them!

    Angela :)
    Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're smile is as great as ever! A good smile can win anyone over!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you wore your matching purse for the picture! Adorable!
    ~Fern

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were adorable! I LOVE your hair drying picture! What a GREAT pic!! :) Thanks for linking up, Denise!!


    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable! I always had bangs growing up and got rid of them as I got older when I looked at the pictures of when I was growing up....my mom used to tease them and she used to really go crazy on 'em on picture day. I'm too scared to get them again for the fear of waking up with my head glued to the pillow from hairspray. Gotta love the day after picture day!

    Your pictures are too cute!

    Jen
    Adventures in Mrs. Martin’s Room

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! We actually agreed to submit pictures like this for the school yearbook this year -- hope it doesn't discourage sales. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, yeah!!! Pink polyester!!! ;)

    Dana

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top