Some Tools I Use

There are some things that I use in my classroom on a daily basis that I would just be completely lost without. On the top of that list are copious amounts of coffee and my computer. Beyond that, there are a few actual real things that make my life so much easier. So, since this is the season of wish list making I thought I'd share some things you might want to ask Santa for! If you believe in Santa that is. Like I tell my kids, he's real if you believe! And I choose to believe in anything that will bring some presents my way. I'm pretty shameless about the fact that I love opening presents. My husband knows this and he accepts me this way. He always makes sure I have plenty of gifts to open on Christmas morning. He has even wrapped up new windshield wiper blades! I actually did need them on my car and although I wasn't really sure what the heck they were at first, I still had fun ripping that paper off!

I'll share two things today and some more tomorrow. Try not to pass out from the suspense...
Ok, my first go-to, can not live without item is my paper slicer. I'm sure you've probably seen these or even have one. I use this all.the.time but do you know what the special secret black blade is for? I can't tell you how many people think that's just some kind of place holder or something...



If you pop out the orange blade and pop in the black one, you can use it to score things that you are going to fold! It makes it so easy to get a nice straight fold, especially on something that is laminated, like the paper cubes you see above (those come from this center, btw). The one on the bottom, far right was folded without scoring first and you can see how easy it is to get a crooked fold. If you are making something like your own greeting cards, using a scoring tool like this really helps give them a professional finish. A little tip: Always score on the side that you will be folding back. So on the dice above you will score on the face, since you are then folding them all down to meet each other. Clear as mud? Hope not...

My other favorite tool today is my Swingline High Capacity stapler. I am so crazy in love with this thing, I can't even tell you.


The funny thing (besides the fact that I'm in love with an office supply) is that a parent donated this and I was so bummed at first because I just wanted a good, normal stapler. I almost returned it! But I was so, so wrong to turn away from this baby. Once I figured out how it works (do you see how the paper kind of goes in the butt end?) I was hooked. The thing is, it will not replace your every day stapler and you can't open it to staple into walls. It really is only for when you are stapling large amounts of paper. This stack was a bunch of duplicate copies, 45 pages in all. One smooth push and the staple goes right through! It's kind of incredible. I use this so much more than I thought I would. It's really an amazing little workhorse.

I may have a little addiction to office supplies, but I have a feeling I'm among my people here. See you tomorrow with a few more of my faves!


Photobucket




9 comments

  1. I'm addictd to office supplies as well. I can spend hours walking through the aisles at stores like Office Max and Staples. I also love the school supply aisles at other stores. Glad to know I'm not the only one:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so not the only one! I can get lost in those aisles!!

      Delete
  2. I honestly can't stand the suspense because I love these kinds of things!! Now I want both! Like I haven't been shopping enough lately ;)

    Happy holidays Denise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Holidays!! I was thinking of you today when I thought about putting off the blog post. I didn't want to disappoint you. lol!

      Delete
  3. LOL, I'm a teacher by day and card maker by night, so I knew about the scorer! I love your tools! I also have a long handled stapler all to myself...love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Maureen...you are a woman after my own heart. Wait till you see my craft room in today's post!

      Delete
  4. Just had a visit to Staples today :). Love my swing line, new electric sharpener, laminator, paper cutter,....do you see a trend here :). Just finishing shopping at the TPT sale, you have too many great items to choose from....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks friend!! I did notice your name in my transaction list. I can't tell you how much that means to me. Thank you so, so much!

      Delete
  5. Ha! I'm the same way! Love presents! And my hubby knows that about me, too.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top