More Storybook Pumpkins!

I've been a little under the weather lately. Finally dragged myself to urgent care Sunday. I got about 2 steps in the door and a terrified looking receptionist insisted I put on this lovely device. So, I guess my cough sounded as bad it felt.


That led to a steady diet of all this for the past few days. That tea is seriously yummy btw.
And all that led to me doing strange things like putting an ink pad in the refrigerator at work. I had given up looking for it after about half an hour only to find it in there at lunch. Still works though!

But, hubby has been really taking care of me and I'm on the mend now so it's all good.
Some fun news! I finally cracked the top ten sellers list on TpT! 

And now...the pumpkins! This year's pumpkins are crazy good!
The third grade team worked together and all chose a character from The World According to Humphrey. The author, Betty Birney, visited our school today and she was just amazed to see this display!





 One of my faves - the little guy from Parts



And yup, that's Walter the Farting Dog...farting. He's a big crowd pleaser! 

And the rest are just as awesome!























A little tip: for the last few years we've been using the carvable craft pumpkins that you can get at Michael's. The first year we did this we had some grossness to dispose of after Halloween and some didn't even make it that far. Plus the craft pumpkins are much lighter and really hold paint well.

I'd love to see yours if you give it a try!
Photobucket









19 comments

  1. This looks like SO much fun! I don't think that many in my school would go for it though! :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac
    Second Grade Freebies

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD!! So glad that you are on the mend! Your pumpkins are amazing!!! I can't wait to do this with my kids again this year!
    Curls and a Smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better.....I can't believe you are a veteran teacher......you look so young !!! Congrats on the top ten. The pumpkins are amazing, so creative. Your school must be huge, so many classes. I teach for one of the biggest schools in my board and we have 12 classes !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! You are my new best friend!
    Although all you can see are my eyes peeking out between my bangs and that hideous mask! I'll have to post some real pictures soon.
    But yup, started teaching at 24 and I'm now the ripe old age of 42 (or is it 43..somehow I lose track) ! Still not sure how that happened...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You DO NOT look 43 .....maybe I need a mask haha, I started at the ripe old age of 25 and just celebrated 52, how did that happen.....

      Delete
  5. These are ADORABLE!! I hope you feel better. I hate having a horrible cough. Glad to hear you're on the mend.
    ஐRikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better.
    Those are some amazing pumpkins! Love then all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I randomly chose a Humprhy book as my first read aloud this year. While I don't care so much for it, my second grade class LOVES it! Everyone is sitting listening, instead of up getting drinks, tissues, going to the bathroom etc..... We are on our second Humphry book! How did you ever get her to visit your school?
    The storybook pumpkins are FABULOUS!!! So creative! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you feel better! Mucinex DM is fantastic, though :) Cute pumpkins! My kids did their own pumpkins last year- http://www.luckeyfrogslilypad.blogspot.com/2012/10/pumpkin-book-reports.html but I haven't seen our new ones yet!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Those pumpkins are AMAZING!!! I would LOVE to do this at my school, but I'm not so sure the other (less than crafty) upper grade teachers would join in. I know K-4 would be totally digging it though :)

    Lisa
    The Lower Elementary Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you are getting better! These pumpkins are so fantastic!! What a dynamic display!
    Amy Howbert

    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you poor thing!! I hope you are feeling better now Denise!

    Ok, those pumpkins are beyond awesome, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, those pumpkins are awesome! I can hardly believe they are pumpkins! You have some talented kids there. You even have Skippyjon! :D I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these! That looks like so much fun!

    Twins, Teaching and Tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That could be the cutest prOJECT EVER! I love them!
    Did the teachers have to buy all of the materials or were they donated?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just catching up on blog posts... hope you're feeling OH SO MUCH BETTER!

    These pumpkins are INCREDIBLE!!!! I loved looking at each and every one!
    THANKS for sharing everyone's creativity,
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely LOVE these!!! I wish my school would do things like this! It seems like your class would be so much fun. You're so inspiring! I am a first year second grade teacher and I am so lost. I would love to spend a week in your class!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top