Spider Stuff

It's that time of year when all of a sudden spiders are cute. Normally, spiders are firmly in the not-at-all-cute category as far as I'm concerned. There is a ton of spidery goodness out there right now though, so I make an exception in October. Now palmetto bugs (big giant man-eating roaches we have here in Florida) would NEVER receive this kind of pardon, so I hope the spiders appreciate my kindness.

First off, a fun little math game that really requires no prep. Click on the picture to download the directions from GoogleDocs, but you really don't even need to print out copies for the kids. They usually get the idea pretty quickly. Here's the gist:
I usually start by telling them to try to get to 8 by using addition, but as they get the hang of it, they can start using multiple operations. So if they rolled a 6,6,4, and 1 they could add 6+6 and then subtract 4 to get to 8. It's a fun little game the kids usually dig. Especially the boys. Go figure.

If you're in need of a Just Say No bulletin board or door decoration, our little creepy crawlies can help you out here as well. This is my door from last year. Click {HERE} for the blog post with details.


And if you're in the market for a whole unit of spidery fantasticness, check out my buddy Reagan's unit. She gave these little buggers a whole week of exterminator-less freedom. There are lots more details about spider week on her blog, just click {HERE}. I have her unit and it is FABU! We haven't started it yet, because the bats have invaded and I'm having a heck of a time getting rid of them. More on that soon...


Thanks for all the well-wishes! Aside from the constant cramp in my side from coughing I'm doing much, much better. I also learned that you should actually carefully read dosage instructions. Had a little oopsie with the steroids, but everything seems good now. I thought maybe I'd start sprouting some muscles, but apparently that's a whole different kind of steroid. Oh well.

Photobucket




10 comments

  1. Love your blog --- and this time I had to comment simply because of the "man-eating cockroach" reference. Thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spiders are wonderful! Love them in the corner of the door...creepy walking in & out! Thanks for sharing!
    Amy Howbert

    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a good laugh over your critter comments too! Thanks for the great spider game freebie! My kids will love it!

    Jeannine

    Creative Lesson Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise I adore you!!!!!! Thank you so much for the shout out! I love your spiders! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad glad you are feeling better !!!! Love your spiders :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise you always come through for me! :o) Believe it or not I was popping onto the blog today to see if you had anything for drug free week (our school is having a door decorating contest) and your spiders and web will be perfect! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise you always come through for me! :o) Believe it or not I was popping onto the blog today to see if you had anything for drug free week (our school is having a door decorating contest) and your spiders and web will be perfect! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the freebie!! This is great! :)

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! Thanks for the giveaway! Please share on my Halloween Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you babycakes!!! Thanks so much for the blog shout out. I miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top