My Truth Monday - Celebrity Crush!


Before we get to the good stuff, I have to acknowledge Veteran's Day today. Thank you to every single reader who has served or has served at home by supporting a loved one in the military.  My own father served in the Army in the 1950's. He's been gone for many years now, but I have an amazing treasure he left behind. It's a giant scrapbook filled with his memories of being stationed in France. It's so delicate now that the pages almost fall apart when I turn them, but just having something he was so connected to is such a special feeling. Can you believe I never, ever saw this book when he was alive? It was actually only after my mother passed away that I found it - and I'm so glad I did!

Here's a peek! My dad's  the handsome guy on the right here:

And here's a peek inside the scrapbook. I guess I know where my sentimental craftiness comes from!

*sniff, sniff* Let's move on to the happy stuff! This week's My Truth Monday is pure fluff and fun. Who is your celebrity crush? Do you have a list full of possibilities or just one special someone who does it for ya? I don't want to get anyone in trouble with their significant others, so it's all just in good fun! Ok, here's mine...
Did that surprise you? It was actually kind of hard to pick between him and Ian Sommerhalder, I guess I have a thing for otherworldly guys? Who knew? Did you see this awesome Charmin tweet yesterday? For some reason they deleted it shortly after posting - too controversial? I thought it was freakin awesome!

So, ready to link up? Just snag the image below and share your celebrity crush! Be sure to use the button to link back to this post. Can't wait to see your picks!










5 comments

  1. You are hysterical, I love Thor too!
    Thanks for sharing the Charmin tweet, seriously, I had to read it a few time and then it clicked! Can't believe they took it down, I think it is terrific!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad was stationed in Germany in the 60's. We looked through his picture albums/slides before I visited some of the same places this summer. Happy Veterans Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Australia we observed Remembrance Day yesterday, which is to commemorate the signing of the treaty for World War 1 and also to remember the fallen. I am a military wife of a serving member, he has worked with many American military members in Afghanistan and I join you in your sentiments of thanking all those who serve their country! How beautiful for you to have that piece of your family history.

    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is seriously the best linky EVER!

    x Serena x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thor totally gets my vote too! I need to see the new movie!
    Literacy Minute

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top