Christmas in Sweden with a Fun Freebie!

I have a super special guest blogger joining us today, my friend Jen from The Teacher's Cauldron. Jen is also a Florida girl who teaches second grade. Jen does some amazing stuff with her kids, as you'll see today in her post. Besides being an amazing teacher, she's an incredible mom who spends a lot of time making memories her babies will treasure forever. And somehow she still finds the time and motivation to work out!! I'm hoping that last part will rub off on me {so far NotSoMuch}. She's written a great post for us today highlighting part of her Christmas Around the World festivities and she's sharing an exclusive freebie just for us! Yay Jen!

I'm so excited to be over here on one of my FAVORITE blogger-friend's blog!!

I just love Denise!! I'm a regular stalker...

which was made worse when I got to meet her IRL at our FL blogger meet up over the summer!
(That's me in the middle - with my Baby B - who makes regular appearances on my blog - 
with her big sister, A.)

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite activities...

Every year, for the the last two weeks before break, I teach Holidays Around the World.

I LOOOOOVE learning about different cultures, which is why I love to travel as much as possible.

One of my FAVORITE countries to do is Sweden.

I know there are TONS of great countries with some fascinating traditions, but Sweden always makes my "to-do" list whenever I'm trying to decide which countries to do that year.

Here's what they do  -


On the dawn of Dec 13, the youngest daughter puts on a white robe and a wreath crown with candles lit on it, and serves her parents with coffee and buns. YUM!

Of course in my house, my 3 year old would be SPILLING the coffee and EATING the buns..ha!

The boys dress in long white shirts and pointed hats.


AND, they have a Christmas gnome!! 

His name is Tomte...


Who doesn't love a gnome!??

So I have a gift for you....

It comes out of my Holidays Around the World pack...



Since Sweden is my favorite country, I'm giving you the "Teacher Cheat Sheet," craft idea, and the templates for it!

Click the pic to download!








Thanks for letting me share with you!!

And thank you, Denise, for letting me be a guest in your "house!"









11 comments

  1. You are TOO sweet Jen! I love your Swedish freebie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, great addition to a few packs I already own! I am of to check yours own Jenn
    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love teaching holidays around the world! Thanks Jen for sharing:) I love the Florida bloggers meet up picture. I had just started blogging then, but would love to do a meet up with everyone:)

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple
    I am having a HUGE giveaway to celebrate 12-12-12!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the great freebie today Jen!! We are still working on holidays around the world and it will be a great addition to our unit.

    http://realistic-teacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you like it! Thank you everyone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, thanks for sharing your ideas for celebrating holidays around the world. I love your freebie, too!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen,

    I taught Christmas around the world in Kindergarten, and the kids were absolutely LOVING it. Thanks for sharing about Sweeden. I also love learning/teaching about Sweeden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea! A friend just approached me yesterday about teaching abroad this summer for 3 weeks and it would be in Sweden! I'm thinking it might be a possibility! Thanks for sharing!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to use this next week! It seems as though some of the text on the Sweden freebie is missing...The paragraphs on tradition, food, and Extra seems to be cut off...

    Any thoughts or hints?

    Thanks!
    Rachel
    thirdgradecupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for posting this, can't wait to use it in my classroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! We will use this for our Holiday Traditions rotation in kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top